Friday, January 9, 2009

Sharon Meditates on the Future of the New Year

Well, It's one week into 2009, it's around 5am in the morning and I have yet to fall asleep (thats what I get for sleeping in til 12 I guess) So I figured what better way to spend my time than writing in my blog? So here I am. I am starting this year hopeful and energetic. I am washing away 2008 and ready to face the new year and all it's adventures and challenges. I have many exciting things coming up and many new goals for the coming year. First and foremost is my enrollment in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I am very excited about the program - we start classes on January 17th and I cannot wait to start down the path to becoming a certified health counselor. Anyone I haven't told about the program already can go here for more info www.integrativenutrition.com I first heard about the school over a year and a half ago and spent a long time thinking about whether or not it was something I wanted to do and whether or not it was really something I could do. After much of my drama last summer I decided in August that is was time to enroll. I haven't talked about it a lot yet since classes haven't started but I am so thrilled that soon I will be enabled to help guide others to make the diet, nutrition, and lifestyle choices they need to live at their happiest healthiest level. And in learning how to help others make these choices I will be doing the same for myself. I plan to become the healthiest version of myself possible in 2009. I know that in doing so I will strengthen my confidence to pursue everything that I want in life. It's interesting to me that it's taken around two and half years to finally get my bearing in New York well enough that I finally feel confident in my choices here. Two in a half years ago, I didn't know if I could simply survive living in the big city let alone following my dreams. I can now look at myself and where I am as an independent woman in the city and see that yes I can live here and now it's time to follow those dreams. It's going to be an interesting year I can't say that it's going to be a good or even great year or that it will be a bad year... the only thing I know is that it will be an adventure and I am looking forward to creating my path.

No comments: