Wednesday, October 8, 2008

quick update

It's funny how writing one short story can make you feel so accomplished and inferior. I say this because I really liked writing my "only in NY" story and I am so grateful for the encouraging and complimentary comments I received in response. Of course I feel now that I started my blog off at such a level and now I have to go above and beyond for each entry - sadly that will not be the case. For example, this post is just a normal straight forward update on my life. But I do have a feeling more stories are to come. :) I actually really enjoy writing in a way I didn't expect - it definitely is cathartic. My new life in New York is definitely picking up and moving forward with incredible force. I've spent the last week meeting and hanging out with friends, getting organized, and just enjoying NYC. I went to an audition yesterday for the National Tour of "Fiddler On The Roof." It was an absolute Madhouse! It was a non required open call which means they were seeing non-equity and equity people all the same. There were over 600 people there! For the sake of time they decided to type (where they stand you in a line,look at you head to toe, and then say yes or no as to whether or not they want you to stay and sing). I was very glad they decided to type because it meant they wouldn't waste my time and I wouldn't be wasting theirs. Unfortunately, I was typed out - the first time in my life I didn't look Jewish enough I guess. But the best thing about typing is that you can't feel bad because it has nothing to do with your talent it's just your look. The good thing is simply that I went - I am getting myself back out there. I really am looking forward to a new chapter in my life here in NY - it's exciting. :)

No comments: